The course enables participants to understand how to apply the concepts of three-dimensional design to the reality of finished space. They will learn how to use floors, walls, and ceilings to create a beautiful and functional setting to support furnishing choices.
They will also learn how to specify finishes that have the greatest impact for the least expenditure, and how to identify finishes that suit the functional requirements of the end-user. There will be research and evaluation of the use of surface treatments in interior design schemes evidenced in references, trade journals, magazines, exhibitions, and seminars, with particular emphasis placed on underlying design approaches, philosophies, constraints, influences and areas of innovation.
Aim of the Course
To provide the basic knowledge, skills and understanding required to select the appropriate surface treatments for future successful interior designs, utilising a self-identified residential interior as a course project.
Participants who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Use appropriate surface treatment theories to visually control and create illusions that help enhance residential interiors.
- Apply the properties and characteristics of finishing materials and textures in an interior design scheme.
- Manage the installation of their design projects and apply the surface treatment principles to any type of interior.
Duration of the Program
6 sessions at 2 hrs per session (Total of 12 hours).
Minimum Number of Students Before a class Commences
Minimum 6 students are required before the commencement of Classes.
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are advised to bring along with them:
- Stationeries include an A4 Notebook with Pens.
- Laptop with software download advised by the school course administer before the commencement of course.
Neat Casual wear (e.g. collar t-shirt, sweater, long trousers or jeans, sports shoes, etc.)
Group Class: $395.00. Bring a friend and enjoy a special rate of $700.00 for 2 pax.