The Advanced Diploma in Interior Design is an incremental 6 months programme that extends the Diploma In Interior Design Course and aims to instil participants with a sense of professionalism in design practices. Participants of this programme will be challenged with complex commercial design projects, and a series of critique sessions that implant strong design-solving skills at every stage of a project – from initial concept through to completion.
In addition to the ability to apply more philosophical design skills and knowledge, participants will be introduced to additional subjects relating to Environmental Design and Professional Design Practices. These will develop the participants to become well-rounded practitioners with a repertoire of versatile techniques not only in Interior aspects of design but also in environmental strategies, corresponding with the sustainable needs of the current design world.
Aim of the Interior Design Advanced Diploma
Participants will acquire a well-rounded knowledge appropriate for professional practitioners in the design industry, and with the capability to lead a team of designers. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be equipped with a range of practical skills that will enable them to interact effectively with all levels of professionals in the field of interior design, such as working with contractors, meeting customers’ demands and requests, as well as completing costings and budgeting analysis. In summary, our participants will be fully equipped to run any project from initial concept through to completion.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- Lead a team of designers.
- Identify, appreciate and practice the co-related design principles of form and space, colour and light, as well as materials and finishes, in projects of any complexity.
- Practice strong design problem-solving skills.
- Gain a sound understanding of building regulations, specifications and construction techniques, and stay abreast of changes in these regulations.
- Practice as a well-rounded designer with knowledge of environmental strategies and building technologies.
- Apply a comprehensive range of essential professional design practices for handling projects from conception through to completion.
The programme consists of 2 Semester and each semester duration is 6 months.
Lectures, tutorials, studio work and course work.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 16 Students are required before the commencement of classes.
Interior Design Advanced Diploma Programme Structure
Certificate in Interior Design
Diploma in Interior Design
Advanced in Interior Design
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each Semester, students will be provided with the project Brief and the submission checklist. This course has several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects, and final examinations.
16 years old
Minimum Academic Requirements
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- 4 GCE ‘N’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- ITE/Higher NITEC Certificate Holders minimum 2.5GPA, OR
- Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques
Language Proficiency Requirement :
- GCE ‘O’ Level – C6 in English language, or equivalent OR
- GCE ‘N’ Level – C5 in English language, or equivalent OR
- Minimum IELTS (Academic) overall band 5; with no individual band – below 6.0 OR
- TOEFL (Paper-based) 500
(Test results achieved within the year preceding application)
- International Student – Completed Senior High School or equivalent
* Those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements will be required to sit for an entrance test.
31st Anniversary Special Tuition Fees
NOW: “Tuition Fee Relief – COVID 19”:
S$2100.00 per semester
*Applicable for July Intake Admissions Only (valid from 9 April 2020 – 15 July 2020)
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Step 1: Complete Application and Pre-Admission counselling Forms
Please call the school for appointment
Step 2: Provide Supporting Documents
- Photocopy of NRIC/ Passport
- Copies of Transcripts and Certificates
- 2 Passport Sized Colour Photograph
Note: All documents may either be original documents or certified true copies of the original documents. If documents are not in English, official translations must be included.
Step 3: Send Us Your Application (Email/Walk-in)
Please send your application documents and proof of application fee payment to us.
We accept applications via email and walk-in.