The Furniture Design Knowledge course is intended for Spatial Design executives/designers looking to deepen their skills and experience within the furniture industry, by acquiring the knowledge and skills to successfully develop creative furniture design concepts. Issues pertaining to design and construction are highlighted as well as the processes of planning, visualizing and realizing a furniture design. The acquired skills will assist participants in developing a competitive edge through a more confident approach to designing furniture for interiors.
Topics covered include the variety of skills necessary in designing furniture and how to build flexibility into design proposals. Emphasis will be on the importance of furniture design in the interior space and how to utilise the various design possibilities available.
There will be theoretical studies on the principles of design styles and their effects on the human mind. The studies will be reinforced through research, observation, and experimentation with particular emphasis on underlying design approaches, philosophies, constraints, influences and areas of innovation.
Participants will be introduced to case studies of furniture design issues from local and international designers, with particular reference to current influences on present furniture design and construction approaches.
Aim of the Furniture Design Knowledge Course
To provide the participant with a combination of creative insight, world-wide design knowledge, technical skills, commercial reasoning, and human/cultural understanding in order to become a successful furniture designer.
Learning Objectives of Furniture Design Knowledge
Participants who successfully complete the Furniture Design Knowledge program will be able to:
- Use knowledge of form, function, materials, technology, and market needs to design furniture that shows creative flair, innovation and is well suited to current consumer needs.
- Gain confidence in generating appropriate furniture design concepts against challenging project briefs
- Produce and present furniture design solutions
- Manage the production of a prototype sample of a furniture design
- Achieve knowledge, skills and the attitudes required to select objects, furniture, and art to achieve the desired harmonious ambiance and function for a newly-designed interior space
Duration of the Furniture Design Knowledge Program
4 sessions at 2 hours per session (Total of 8 hours).
A minimum of 8 students per class are required for the Class to commence.
DID022-3 Furniture Design
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are advised to bring along with them:
- Stationeries including an A4 Notebook with Pens.
- Laptop with software download advised by the school course administer before the commencement of course.
Neat Casual wear (e.g. collar t-shirt, sweater, long trousers or jeans, sports shoes, etc.)
Furniture Design Knowledge Course Fees
Group Class: $395.00. Bring a friend and enjoy a special rate of $700.00 for 2 pax.