The Google SketchUp course is intended for designers and those wishing to develop greater precision in their sketching, using Google SketchUp. The software is an easy-to-learn 3D modelling program with a limited number of simple tools that help participants create 3D models of objects, furniture and interior space.
Incorporating hands-on tutorials, the course will teach participants the fundamentals of the SketchUp digital sketching software, where they will be introduced to the navigation tools, drawing tips, follow-me and offset tools, among others.
Find out more from the official SketchUp site here.
Aim of the Google SketchUp Course
To equip participants with skills for using the latest digital sketching technology to fully explore, validate and produce stunning computer-generated designs.
The Google SketchUp course is suited for the following audiences:
- Junior Draftsman / Interior Designer / Senior Interior Designer / Design Manager
- Project Cordinator / Executive / Supervisor / Manager
- Architectural Associate / Executive / Designer
- Retail Sales Promoter / Executive
- Events Designer / Executive / Manager
- Retail Sales Executive / Designer / Exhibition Designer
- Furniture Sales Executive / Designer
- Interior Architectural Designer / Landscape Designer
- Showroom Promoter / Decorator / Designer
- Stage Display / Window Decorator / Artist
Learning Objectives of Google SketchUp
Participants who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid foundation knowledge of digital sketching and rendering software.
- Use and apply SketchUp to build 3D models on a basic level.
- Better conduct presentations and explain their concept designs to the client with greater clarity and detail.
Duration of the Program
6 sessions at 2 hrs per session (Total of 12 hours).
Number of participants
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are advised to bring along with them:
- Stationeries include an A4 Notebook with Pens.
- Laptop with software download advised by the school course administer before the commencement of course.
Neat Casual wear (e.g. collar t-shirt, sweater, long trousers or jeans, sports shoes, etc.)
Google SketchUp Course Fees
Enrolment fee: S$65.00
Course fee (per participant): $395.00. Bring a friend and enjoy a special rate of $700.00 for 2 pax.