The course is designed to enable participants to explore and discover the endless possibilities of decorative fabrics used for window treatments and soft furnishing. They will learn where to find stunningly beautiful fabrics and how to use them with enhanced style and flair. Participants will be given criteria and technical information to help them choose the correct types of fabrics and home textiles for the required end-use.
Along with theory on the principles of coordinating materials and textures within the interior design to create a cohesive design solution, particular emphasis will be placed on underlying design approaches, philosophies, constraints, influences and areas of innovation. Research and evaluation of the use of textiles and soft furnishing treatments in interior design schemes will be evidenced in references, trade journals, magazines, exhibitions and seminars.
Aim of the Course
To provide the basic knowledge, skills and a new understanding of how to select appropriate soft furnishing treatments for a self-identified interior design solution.
Participants who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Use appropriate surface treatment theories to visually control and create illusions that help enhance or subdue residential interiors.
- Apply the properties and characteristics of fabric materials and textures in a self-identified residential interior design scheme.
- Be confident in transforming space, proportion, scale texture and mood with the right fabrics.
Duration of the Program
6 sessions at 2 hours per session (Total of 12 hours).
A minimum of 8 students per class are required for the Class to commence.
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are advised to bring along with them:
- Stationeries including an A4 Notebook with Pens.
- Laptop with software download advised by the school course administer before the commencement of course.
Neat Casual wear (e.g. collar t-shirt, sweater, long trousers or jeans, sports shoes, etc.)
Group Class: $395.00. Bring a friend and enjoy a special rate of $700.00 for 2 pax.