The Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques is a twelve (12) month foundation programme designed for anyone who aspires to be an interior designer.
The Interior Design Certificate focuses on residential design with an introduction to commercial design and encompasses sketching, design communication, design contextual studies, construction drawing, electrical and section drawing, scale reading, material technologies, and appropriate colour concepts.
The course consists of two semesters that concentrate respectively on residential design and an introduction to hospitality design. Upon completion of this foundation Certificate course, those wishing to learn more about the commercial aspects of the design can proceed to the Diploma course in Interior Design.
Aim of the course
This course will enable participants to explore the development and processes of interior design — introducing the participants to concepts such as the seven design principles, together with essential design skills such as space planning, colour concepts, design styles, materials, lighting, and finishes. The course will enable participants to help their customers identify their needs, by completing a residential design project and applying their knowledge of domestic safety. Upon completion, participants will be able to create a comprehensive residential design project.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- Use basic knowledge of Interior Design and have the ability to present a design concept for a residential scale project.
- Utilise the principles of interior design and associated computer software applications.
- Design a comprehensive residential project.
- Design a basic hotel room interior.
- Qualify for the Diploma course in Interior Design and advance into commercial design projects.
The programme consists of 2 Semester and each semester duration is 6 months.
Lectures, tutorials, studio work and course work.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 16 Students are required before commencement of classes.
- Design Communication 1
- Design Studio 1
- Construction 1
- Digital Imaging 1
- Computer Aided Design 1
- Design Fundamentals
- Colour Concept for Design
- Interior Design 1 (Residential
- Design Communication 2
- Design Studio 2
- Construction 2
- Digital Imaging 2
- Design Contextual Studies
- Material Technologies
- Building Services & Lighting Practices
- Interior Design 2 (Hospitality)
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each Semester, students will be provided the project Brief and the submission checklist. This course have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
16 years old
Minimum Academic Requirements
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- 4 GCE ‘N’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- ITE/Higher NITEC Certificate Holders minimum 2.5GPA
Language Proficiency Requirement :
- GCE ‘O’ Level – C6 in English language, or equivalent OR
- GCE ‘N’ Level – C5 in English language, or equivalent OR
- Minimum IELTS (Academic) overall band 5; with no individual band – below 6.0 OR
- TOEFL (Paper-based) 500
(Test results achieved within the year preceding application)
- International Student – Completed Senior High School or equivalent
* Those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements will be required to sit for an entrance test.
‘Tuition Fee Relief – 32nd Anniversary Special Course Fee
Semester 1 (SGD)
Semester 2 (SGD)
Total Course Fee Payable (SGD)
Course Fees (Usual)
32nd Anniversary Special Course Fee
*Applicable for August Intake Admissions Only (valid from 15th April 2021 – 15th June 2021)
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Step 1: Complete Application and Pre-Admission counselling Forms
Please call the school for appointment
Step 2: Provide Supporting Documents
- Photocopy of NRIC/ Passport
- Copies of Transcripts and Certificates
- 2 Passport Sized Colour Photograph
Note: All documents may either be original documents or certified true copies of the original documents. If documents are not in English, official translations must be included.
Step 3: Send Us Your Application (Email/Walk-in)
Please send your application documents and proof of application fee payment to us.
we accept applications via email and walk-in.