The Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques is a twelve (12) months fundamental course designed for anyone who aspires to be an interior designer.
The Interior Design Certificate consists of two semesters focusing on residential design. The two semesters will touch on subjects such as: scale reading, sketching, design principles and elements, concept boards, construction drawing using Computer Aided Design softwares, design communication, design contextual studies, electrical and section drawing, material technologies and appropriate colour concepts.
Upon meeting all the requirements and achieving the Certificate in Interior Design qualification, those wishing to learn more about the commercial aspects of design can proceed to the Diploma in Interior Design programme.
Aim of the course
This course will enable participants to explore the development and processes of interior design — introducing concepts such as the various design principles, fundamentals and elements; together with essential design skills such as sketching, space planning, colour concepts, design concepts, materials, lighting, and finishes. Together with these skills, participants will also have to compile a research journal to keep track of their progression. With these knowledge, they will be able to identify and address the needs of their customers. Upon completion, participants will be able to create a comprehensive residential design project.
The learning objectives for the Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques course are:
- Use basic knowledge of interior design and have the ability to present a design concept for a residential scale project.
- Utilise the principles, fundamentals and elements of interior design and associated computer software applications.
- Design a comprehensive residential project, comprising of design thinking and concept, space planning, detailed construction drawings and design impression drawings with the aid of computer software, compiled into a full residential portfolio.
The programme consists of 2 Semesters and each semester’s duration is 6 months.
Lectures, tutorials, studio work and course work.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 16 Students are required before commencement of classes.
- Design Communication 1
- Design Studio 1
- Construction 1
- Digital Imaging 1
- Computer Aided Design 1
- Design Fundamentals
- Colour Concept for Design
- Interior Design 1 (Residential
- Design Communication 2
- Design Studio 2
- Construction 2
- Digital Imaging 2
- Design Contextual Studies
- Material Technologies
- Building Services & Lighting Practices
- Interior Design 2 (Hospitality)
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each Semester, students will be provided the project Brief and the submission checklist. This course have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
16 years old
Minimum Academic Requirements
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- 4 GCE ‘N’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- ITE/Higher NITEC Certificate Holders minimum 2.5GPA
Language Proficiency Requirement :
- GCE ‘O’ Level – C6 in English language, or equivalent OR
- GCE ‘N’ Level – C5 in English language, or equivalent OR
- Minimum IELTS (Academic) overall band 5; with no individual band – below 6.0 OR
- TOEFL (Paper-based) 500
(Test results achieved within the year preceding application)
- International Student – Completed Senior High School or equivalent
* Those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements will be required to sit for an entrance test.
‘Tuition Fee Relief – 32nd Anniversary Special Course Fee
Semester 1 (SGD)
Semester 2 (SGD)
Total Course Fee Payable (SGD)
Course Fees (Usual)
32nd Anniversary Special Course Fee
*Applicable for December Intake Admissions Only (valid from 1st October 2021 – 15th November 2021)
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Step 1: Complete Application and Pre-Admission counselling Forms
Please call the school for appointment
Step 2: Provide Supporting Documents
- Photocopy of NRIC/ Passport
- Copies of Transcripts and Certificates
- 2 Passport Sized Colour Photograph
Note: All documents may either be original documents or certified true copies of the original documents. If documents are not in English, official translations must be included.
Step 3: Send Us Your Application (Email/Walk-in)
Please send your application documents and proof of application fee payment to us.
we accept applications via email and walk-in.