The Diploma in Interior Design course is an incremental six (6) months course that extends from the foundational Certificate course. It focuses on commercial interior design, allowing participants to broaden and diversify their design skillset.
The course has a continuation of subjects such as Design Studio and Design Communication that was covered in the first year; alongside new subjects that help to prepare for future industry practice:
- Design Practice Management that delves into the inner workings of a professional design practice setting
- Design Calculation & Costing to manage the budget of a project
Upon meeting all the requirements and achieving the Diploma in Interior Design qualification, those wishing to learn about larger-scale mixed commercial design projects can proceed to the Advanced Diploma in Interior Design course.
Aim of the Course
This course will enable participants to acquire an in-depth knowledge of design processes and conceptual thinking methodologies in relation to commercial design projects.
Participants will be able to clearly identify the differences between residential and commercial design, as well as the distinct set of skills and knowledge applications required for commercial projects. They will be brought through the stages involved in a commercial project – from meeting the client, understanding the design brief, and generating a concept that fulfills the brief, to the technical knowledge and execution.
The learning objectives for the Diploma in Interior Design course are:
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team in a design company setting
- Distinctively convey commercial interior design ideas through effective visual and verbal communication
- Apply material costing knowledge and project management skills to their commercial interior design projects
- Introduction to and understanding fundamentals of building regulations, specifications, and construction techniques for commercial practice
- Presenting proposals of versatile commercial interior design projects to prospective clients in a professional manner
(being an incremental period that extends the 1 year Certificate in Interior Design to a total of 18 months)
The programme consists of 3 Semesters and each semester’s duration is 6 months.
Lectures, tutorials, studio work, and course work.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 16 Students are required before the commencement of classes.
Interior Design Diploma Programme Structure
- Design Communication 1
- Design Studio 1
- Construction 1
- Digital Imaging 1
- Computer-Aided Design 1
- Design Fundamentals
- Colour Concept for Design
- Interior Design 1 (Residential)
Certificate in Interior Design
Diploma in Interior Design
- Design Communication 2
- Design Studio 2
- Construction 2
- Digital Imaging 2
- Design Contextual Studies
- Material Technologies
- Building Services & Lighting Practices
- Interior Design 2
- Design Communication 3
- Design Studio 3
- Construction 3
- Design Calculation & Costing
- Computer-Aided Design 3
- Design Practice Management
- Interior Design 3 (Commercial)
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each Semester, students will be provided the project Brief and the submission checklist. This course have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
16 years old
- Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques
Minimum Academic Requirements
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- 4 GCE ‘N’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- ITE/Higher NITEC Certificate Holders minimum 2.5GPA
Language Proficiency Requirement :
- GCE ‘O’ Level – C6 in English language, or equivalent OR
- GCE ‘N’ Level – C5 in English language, or equivalent OR
- Minimum IELTS (Academic) overall band 5; with no individual band – below 6.0 OR
- TOEFL (Paper-based) 500
(Test results achieved within the year preceding application)
- International Student – Completed Senior High School or equivalent
* Those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements will be required to sit for an entrance test.
Tuition Fee Relief – 33rd Anniversary Special Course Fee
Semester 1 (SGD)
Semester 2 (SGD)
Semester 3 (SGD)
Total Course Fee Payable (SGD)
Course Fees (Usual)
33rd Anniversary Special Course Fee
*Applicable for March / April Intake Admissions Only (valid from 1st December 2021 – 15th February 2022)
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Step 1: Complete Application and Pre-Admission counselling Forms
Please call the school for appointment
Step 2: Provide Supporting Documents
- Photocopy of NRIC/ Passport
- Copies of Transcripts and Certificates
- 2 Passport Sized Colour Photograph
Note: All documents may either be original documents or certified true copies of the original documents. If documents are not in English, official translations must be included.
Step 3: Send Us Your Application (Email/Walk-in)
Please send your application documents and proof of application fee payment to us.
we accept applications via email and walk-in.