The Diploma in Interior Design is an incremental 6 months programme that extends the foundation Certificate In Interior Design Course, and is designed to further enhance the participants’ design skills by engaging in various design research projects. Learning techniques that convey interior design ideas through visual and verbal means, participants will be able to produce creative and pragmatic solutions for every kind of interior design project that has functional and purposeful usage.
This Course includes two additional subjects not covered in the 1-Year Certificate Course: Design Calculation & Costing, and Design Practice Management. These subjects enable participants with a more complete knowledge of the real interior design industry. In addition, participants’ customer-facing skills are honed with mentoring in design communication to allow them to present their ideas and proposals to clients in a sincere, professional manner.
Upon completion of this Diploma Course In Interior Design, participants who are interested to learn about larger-scale commercial projects are then qualified to take up another 6-month incremental programme leading to the Advanced Diploma in Interior Design.
Aim of the Interior Design Diploma
Participants will acquire in-depth knowledge of design processes and related conceptual thinking methodologies through the completion of a more complex project submission. This is explored through studio project work, which also involves design history, theory of colours, technical knowledge of building materials and technology, manual drafting, and the latest computer-aided drawing and 3D visualization software. Upon completion, participants will be qualified to work as a junior interior designer.
Participants who successfully complete this Diploma Course will be able to:
- Convey their interior design ideas through effective visual and verbal means.
- Produce creative solutions for various interior design projects.
- Make effective design calculations and costing analyses.
- Gain a sound understanding of building regulations, specifications and construction techniques.
- Apply material costing knowledge and project management skills to their interior design projects.
- Present proposals of versatile interior design projects to prospective client in a professional manner.
(being an incremental period that extends the 1-year Certificate in Interior Design to a total of 18 months)
The programme consists of 2 Semester and each semester duration is 6 months.
Lectures, tutorials, studio work, and course work.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 16 Students are required before the commencement of classes.
Interior Design Diploma Programme Structure
- Design Communication 1
- Design Studio 1
- Construction 1
- Digital Imaging 1
- Computer-Aided Design 1
- Design Fundamentals
- Colour Concept for Design
- Interior Design 1 (Residential)
Certificate in Interior Design
Diploma in Interior Design
- Design Communication 2
- Design Studio 2
- Construction 2
- Digital Imaging 2
- Design Contextual Studies
- Material Technologies
- Building Services & Lighting Practices
- Interior Design 2 (Hospitality)
- Design Communication 3
- Design Studio 3
- Construction 3
- Design Calculation & Costing
- Computer-Aided Design 3
- Design Practice Management
- Interior Design 3 (Commercial)
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each Semester, students will be provided the project Brief and the submission checklist. This course have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
16 years old
- Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques
Minimum Academic Requirements
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- 4 GCE ‘N’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- ITE/Higher NITEC Certificate Holders minimum 2.5GPA
Language Proficiency Requirement :
- GCE ‘O’ Level – C6 in English language, or equivalent OR
- GCE ‘N’ Level – C5 in English language, or equivalent OR
- Minimum IELTS (Academic) overall band 5; with no individual band – below 6.0 OR
- TOEFL (Paper-based) 500
(Test results achieved within the year preceding application)
- International Student – Completed Senior High School or equivalent
* Those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements will be required to sit for an entrance test.
‘Tuition Fee Relief – COVID 19’: Special Tuition Fee
Semester 1 (SGD)
Semester 2 (SGD)
Semester 3 (SGD)
Total Course Fee Payable (SGD)
Tuition Fees (Usual)
COVID-19 Special Course Fee
*Applicable for February Intake Admissions Only (valid from 15th November 2020 – 15th January 2021)
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Step 1: Complete Application and Pre-Admission counselling Forms
Please call the school for appointment
Step 2: Provide Supporting Documents
- Photocopy of NRIC/ Passport
- Copies of Transcripts and Certificates
- 2 Passport Sized Colour Photograph
Note: All documents may either be original documents or certified true copies of the original documents. If documents are not in English, official translations must be included.
Step 3: Send Us Your Application (Email/Walk-in)
Please send your application documents and proof of application fee payment to us.
we accept applications via email and walk-in.